Phone GP Medical Consultations
now available to ALL patients. This
service is fully bulk billed.
Current Medical Alert – Coronavirus
Please be advised however that we do remain open for face to face consultation as per our normal business hours and the normal range of General Practice services are still available.
Please note the following important points regarding telephone consultation –
- You must be a regular patient of the practice and have consulted with one of our doctors in the last 12 months.
- Whilst we will endeavour to address your concerns over the phone, some issues may still require you to come in to the practice for a face to face consultation.
- The doctor and the practice retain absolute discretion as to whether they are able to conduct a consultation over the phone. If a telephone consultation is not able to be offered, you are still able to come in for a face to face consultation as the practice remains open.
- Some services may not be able to be offered over the phone.
- To arrange a phone consult, please ring the practice on 9763 2864 and provide as much detail as you can to our reception staff as to the nature of your request. This allows us to triage your call. If your regular doctor is working that day, they will call you back otherwise please advise if you wish another doctor to call you on that day or whether you prefer to wait for your regular doctor to call you on another day.
- If blood tests, referrals or prescriptions need to be issued after a phone call (or any other items that require physical collection) then you will need to either come yourself or send an authorised person to collect these on your behalf from the front desk. These items cannot be sent electronically or mailed.
- Most phone services are eligible for bulk billing. If you are a private patient (no Medicare) then a standard $80 fee will apply for a phone consult payable at the time of booking your consultation.